Monday, April 17, 2017

Skopje: Old Bazaar, National Gallery of Macedonia, the Museum of the Old Bazaar

Woot! Woot! My husband was able to come and join us for a visit during the week my daughter had off from school for spring break!

On his first full day in Skopje - after he made chocolate chip pancakes for our daughter for breakfast - we decided to walk down to the Old Bazaar (explored the National Gallery of Macedonia (in Chifte Hamam, built in the 15th century) and the Museum of the Old Bazaar (closed, but we found it for another time), and through the center back to the apartment.

For more about the National Gallery of Macedonia, see http://nationalgallery.mk/
https://www.facebook.com/Nacionalna.galerija.na.Makedonija

this was the first time I saw the fountain flowing with water
after many requests, this was the day we said Yes to the carousel

walking through the Old Bazaar


in this hamam (Chifte Hamam) is now the home of the National Gallery of Macedonia

saw this exhibit: The Females and a Few Males









this is the Museum of the Bazaar





my husband was intrigued by all of the statues...later when we got back to the apartment I let him brows the book/guide I picked up at the Museum of the Macedonian Struggle, which has bios and descriptions of each of them

my daughter wanted to know when she could go running through the sprinklers

the ministry has been re-painted and no longer has traces of the "colorful revolution"

we had a wonderful time at the tasting at Kamnik Wines (post to come on this blog) - turns out I walk by this store on my way home from class, but did not know what it was...we picked up a couple of bottles for a dinner party we were planning to attend later in the week

No comments:

Post a Comment