Monday, April 17, 2017

Skopje: Hiking and Trash Clean-Up on Vodno with the Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts

So pleased that my daughter can participate with the Girl Scouts here in Skopje. 

The Girls Scouts joined the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts for an afternoon of hiking and community service (trash pick up) on mount Vodno. Thanks to US Ambassador Jess Baily and Mrs. Baily for supporting the kids.

To learn more, here is the USA Girl Scouts Overseas Skopje facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/USAGirlScoutsOverseasSkopje/?pnref=story

I saw many familiar faces - of parents I met at my daughter's school and parents I met during my work-related meetings here (e.g., US Embassy staff, the Country Director for the Peace Corps and the Deputy Director of NDI).  A welcoming expat community here in Skopje.

my daughter with Ambassador and Mrs. Baily before the adventures got underway

I need one of these shirts!
Ambassador and Mrs. Baily with the Girl Scouts

group pic of the Girl Scouts and the Cub Scouts with Ambassador and Mrs. Baily




my daughter earned her hiking badge

for this event we teamed up with the Cub Scouts



the kids got many high fives from the locals, who appreciated their efforts

what better way to end a hike in the mountains than cotton candy?!
 

beautiful views of Skopje as you drive up the mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment