Saturday, April 8, 2017

CROATIA, Dubrovnik: The Beach!

When looking for a hotel in Dubrovnik, I wanted to find a place ON the beach - and I was hoping we would have a chance to go swimming on our Spring Break holiday.

We did find a nice place on the beach - although - if I had to do it again - I would have looked for a place nearer the Old Town.  As it was, we took a short taxi ride there and back, which wasn't bad, but, it might have been nicer if we could have just walked.

(We were spoiled by our hotel in Budva - which was on the beach and steps from the Old Town.....see

http://jainmacedonia.blogspot.mk/2017/04/montenegro-budva-hotel-avala.html

We stayed at the Hotel Vis -- which, as you can see, was a lovely hotel right on the beach, with tranquil views.

instead of sand castles, my daughter built a stone castle on the beach in Dubrovnik


my view during our lunch on the patio

our daughter on the balcony of our room

the view of the Hotel Vis from the beach

my husband skipping stones

"Look at the size of this stone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment