Saturday, May 6, 2017

Skopje City Park

So.....I have been waiting for the spring weather (and for my foot to heal) to get out and start fitness walking again. I met up with my friend Tanja, who showed me the way to the City Park and the riverwalk from my apartment. And, for the first time since I have been here, I laced up my sneakers and went out for a workout.

In about 15 minutes, I can be in a lovely oasis in the heart of the city.  (The City Park is the city's largest green space)

And, did I mention there are many carts from which to purchase macchiattos?! (for 60 MKD - about a dollar)

Ready for a workout!  Behind me is the stadium Phillip II - home of the national and local football/soccer teams

yummy smoothie for a treat

there is a great bike path and a running path along the Vardar River - on the top of that hill you can see the US Embassy



 Now that I know the park is so close to our apartment (!) we can go to the playground after we get our homework done.

So, the next night I brought my daughter there. We didn't have too much time, but we'll be back!
 
there is a labyrinth
 
 
making wishes!
Alice in Wonderland inspired sculpture
And more pics of the park are here skopje-marathon-weekend-exporegistration - more City Park pics

No comments:

Post a Comment