Saturday, March 18, 2017

Tetovo: presentation at the American Corner "The Supreme Court of theUnited States" (and - the "colorful mosque")

I very much enjoyed my time at the American Corner in Tetovo. Great questions from the participants!

So glad some of my students from the State University Tetova could join me at the American Corner.

Image may contain: 1 person, text




I brought donations for the American Corner




this author gave me a copy of his book about international relations in the Balkans: Cold Peace





quick stop for baklava and gelato and a macchiatto on the way home (!)

we drove by the "colorful mosque" en route from SEEU to the American Corner - just wanted to get out and snap a few photos - some day I want to go back for a more extensive visit

I was trying to get a shot where you could see the snow-covered mountains and the mosque - but this was as good as I could get with the camera


originally built in 1438 - more than 30,000 eggs were used to prepare the paint and glaze that went into the elaborate decorations







the former Turkish hamam

No comments:

Post a Comment