Friday, March 10, 2017

SEEU - visit with Chairman of the Board Dennis Farrington

After teaching my Constitutional Law class at the State University Tetova I met a Peace Corps Volunteer for lunch (more on that in a separate post). And then I walked to SEEU's (main) campus in Tetovo for meetings. (I am teaching on the SEEU Skopje campus.)


This week I had the opportunity to meet with the Chairman of the Board of SEEU, Prof. Dennis Farrington. I learned a great deal from our discussion about the history of SEEU and about the challenges and opportunities for higher education in Macedonia.


with Prof. Dennis Farrington (Chairman of the Board) and Prof. Andrew Goodspeed (Provost)

on the terrace outside the Rector's Office is a beautiful view of the mountains in Tetovo

it is a short walk between the two campuses (the State University and SEEU in Tetovo)...I love the SEEU slogan, "Bringing Knowledge to Life"...this is my goal!
this is where the college of business is housed - as well as the Rectorate
with a bust of Max van der Stool (and, how I look with my traveling office)
I also enjoyed the opportunity to meet with some of Prof. Blerton Sinani's law students while I was on campus.

Great questions about the study of US Constitutional Law and about opportunities to study in the US (one of these students is applying to the Fulbright student program). I invited them to join me at the American Corner in Tetovo for my upcoming lecture about the US Supreme Court on March 17.



There is more about the history and founding of SEEU elsewhere on this blog, but, just so it is handy, here is a link to the SEEU website:  http://www.seeu.edu.mk/

and facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/SEEUniversity

No comments:

Post a Comment