Saturday, July 1, 2017

meeting with the youngest Member of Parliament in Macedonia -- the Honorable Ivana Tufegdjic

After my tour of Parliament

(See http://jainmacedonia.blogspot.mk/2017/06/tour-of-assembly-palace-building-of.html),

I enjoyed meeting with the Honorable Ivana Tufegdjic.  (Thanks Tanja Tomic for the introduction!)

We had a wide-ranging discussion about women in politics and campaigns & elections in the US and in Macedonia, and about the challenges facing the new government in Macedonia and how address them.  I was impressed by her optimism and enthusiasm, despite the challenges ahead.  I, too, want to be optimistic about Macedonia's future.

Also, during this meeting at the Parliament, I enjoyed my last macchiato in Macedonia (our flights were leaving Skopje to return to Florida in just a few hours - sob!) -- at least, the last macchiato until we return..
selfie in the office of Ivana Tufegdic

No comments:

Post a Comment